SewWhat-Pro Advanced Embroidery Project Editing Software
SewWhat-Pro (SWP) is software for viewing, editing and converting embroidery files arising from various different sewing manufacturers. It includes various Integrated Project Management features (see the description of SewWhat-Pro features below). A plugin is available from myriaCross (see features list below) for converting Cross-Stitch files to embroidery files.
** No REFUND for ANY Reason **
~ The makers of the software have stopped giving refunds [so I can't give them either].
~ Download and use the trial and ask any questions BEFORE purchasing!!
~ This program is made for Windows computers [it will NOT work on Tablets or Chromebooks]
~ MAC users - DO NOT purchase until you've successfully installed the demo - please e-mail me for more information and the link to download.
The DOWNLOAD button above is for the DEMO and RETAIL version - they are the same - so you only need to install once!
Support Group Links - click here
- View embroidery files, even if they are included in zip or rar archives
- View thumbnails (in Album View) of files in your working directory
- Combine / Merge sewing patterns
- Write Designer-1© floppy disks and USB drives
- Use TrueType fonts [TTF©] to create monogram lettering
- Resize, reposition, delete, rotate, and flip sewing patterns
- Convert from, and save to, various file formats (see chart below) either individually or in batch mode
- Simulate the real-time stitch out of a pattern
- Change individual thread colors and background fabrics
- Delete individual stitches
- Print out the design and design summary
- View (or hide) a stitch histogram of the thread length distribution for each pattern
- Hide or view (as thickened or dashed lines) jump stitches
- ICON toolbar button to toggle between thread pane information and alphabet mode for easy entering of pre-digitized lettering
- Applique cutter tool for creating SVG and JPG files for outline of applique, used to cut applique fabric in Cameo© and Cricut© software
- Cutting toolbar allows graphical separation of patterns at specific stitches (splitting patterns for multi-positional hoops)
- Density adjustment dialog to resize a pattern at constant density
- Graphical or text-based reordering of thread color stops is available
- Capability to write Smart Media or Compact Flash cards for Singer, Brother, Janome, and new Bernina machines
- Converts Cross Stitch patterns to embroidery files using a “plugin” from myriaCross (MC). You may download the DEMO, or purchase the MC plugin for SewWhat-Pro, here. Once the plugin is installed, it becomes seamlessly integrated into the SewWhat-Pro workspace and can be used to preview and convert a variety of different Cross-stitch formats. After updating to Windows 8/8.1, if the plugin stops working, simply uninstall and reinstall to reactive it.
- Supports a command-line interface for file conversion which has the form:
- SewWhat-Pro.exe file1.ext1 file2.ext2 /c
Q Is an Internet connection needed to run the software?
A The Demo does not require an Internet connection. However, the licensed (retail) version requires Internet access to register the software. Once the software is registered, Internet access is required – at least temporarily for the first several usages of the software – to verify the registration. After that, the software can be run entirely offline (without Internet access) if necessary. Internet access is, however, desirable to receive timely update information and download updates.
Integrated Project Management Features of SewWhat-Pro
- Includes an editable table for entering project information
- Easily editable list of thread colors and manufacturer brands
- Capability to read/write thread color “txt” files for single/multiple projects
- Thread palettes from over 15 manufacturers are available
- Customizable user-defined thread palettes can be easily added
File Types Supported by SWP:
System, Download & Install Help:
System Requirements for S&S Computing Software Products
All S&S Computing software products are native Windows® applications. They will run on versions of the Windows OS (Operating System) including XP (SP3 must be installed), VISTA, Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10.
For information describing installation of our software on a MAC computer (Intel-based, OS-X), click on this link.
Embroidery Machine Compatibility - This software installs on your computer and is compatible with most home, commercial and industrial machines. See our "Supported File Types" table to make sure that your format/machine type is listed.
Install Error Message Help:
- Error Message: "The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail."
- Solution: This happens sometimes after Windows does an update. Just UNINSTALL SewWhat-Pro from Control Panel and then install SWP again from above. You should not have to re-enter any registration information.
- Error: Will not download or install on my computer / device
- Solution: This usually happens when someone is trying to install on a MAC or tablet device. For MAC users - See "Important NOTE for MAC Users" above. This is not an App, so it will only download and install on devices that allow you to install programs - Example - this will not download or install on an iPad because you can only download apps on iPads.
Updates / Reinstall for S&S Computing Software Products:
All software products offered by S & S Computing come with a free update policy for the lifetime of the product. AutoUpdate features on the Help menu of our products will inform you when updates are available for download. You can then update from within the open product.
If you get a new computer or your computer crashes in the future, you can just come back to AKDesignsBoutique.com, download the software again from the Embroidery Software Download page - click here - and enter your user name & serial number - you will not need to purchase again. If you can't find your serial number, you can send us an e-mail [email@example.com] and we'll send it to you again.
Registration/Serial # will be e-mailed from S&S Computing after purchase – usually within minutes, but you’ll never wait more than 12 hours. Registrations are sent at least once daily after 4:00 pm EST. To allow uninterrupted usage of the product, it is advisable to order the product at least 1 day before the DEMO period expires.
If you do not receive your registration within 12 hours, then check that the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org is "whitelisted" so it will not be blocked by your e-mail client. This is accomplished by adding our e-mail address to a safe senders list so your registration e-mail is allowed to come safely into your Inbox. You can send us an e-mail [email@example.com] or call at anytime to check on your order - 678-390-2641.
Shipping for S&S Computing Software Products:
We offer shipping of CDs (within the US only) for an additional $17.00. Click on the "CD by Mail [add $17.00]" button in the Add-to-Cart area to order a CD for any of the S&S Computing products. Shipping is via USPS First Class delivery and usually requires 7-14 days for delivery [shipped by S&S Computing, not AKDesigns Boutique].
All S&S Computing product licenses allow you to use the software on up to - but no more than - two of your own computers.
Return Policy for S&S Computing Products:
All sales are final - No Refund for ANY reason. S&S Computing software can be downloaded and trialed in Demo mode before purchasing a license by using the Download buttons on the product pages.
This is a list of Frequently Asked Questions [FAQs] and Answers to those questions about SWP ~ I hope it helps with your question! If you don't see what you need below, just e-mail us at customerservice@akdesignsboutique or call us 678-390-2641.
Q Can I use SewWhat-Pro to convert images to embroidery files (digitize)?
A No, SWP is an embroidery editing program. You'll want to download and try SewArt (click here) for your digitizing needs.
Q I just did the update to my Sew What Pro software so it is now running 4.0.6 and I am very frustrated that I can no longer zoom in and out to view the full image. Could you tell me if this is going to be fixed? I purchased the software from AKDesigns several months ago and have absolutely loved it, and when I saw the update I have continually hesitated to download it but tonight I did and now I really regret it. I would really appreciate any help I can get with this.
A The zoom feature on the new version of SWP has changed, but it’s still there :) There’s a slider zoom in the status pane at the bottom right of the screen. In SWP, if you go to Help, then Help Topics, click on the Search tab, then type Zoom and enter - you'll see help for the new zoom control.
Click HERE to see Current Sales
SewWhatPro, SWP, SewShat-Pro, SWP User Guide, SewWhat Pro Manual, Embroidery Software, Embroidery Editing Software, Affordable Embroidery Software, Discounted Embroidery Software, Inexpensive Embroidery Software, Embroidery Program, Merge, Combine, resize