SewWhat-Pro Advanced Embroidery Project Editing Software
System, Download & Install Help - Click Here
Manuals - Click Here
Features - Click Here
Supported Formats - Click Here
SWP FAQs - Click Here
CD / Shipping - Click Here
Return Policy for SWP - Click Here
MAC Users - Click Here
System, Download & Install Help:
System Requirements for S&S Computing Software Products
All S & S Computing products are native Windows® applications. They will run on versions of the Windows OS (Operating System) including XP, VISTA, Windows 7, and Windows 8. Using our products on a MAC® computer requires a Windows Emulator. While we do not recommend any particular emulators, MAC users have told us that our products run well with VMWare Fusion® and Parallels Desktop for MAC®.
The software will run on 32- and 64-bit Windows OS. To determine which bit size your OS is, go to Start->Help and type "System Information" (in Windows 8, in Tile view, just type "System Information").
Embroidery Machine Compatibility - This software installs on your computer and is compatible with most home, commercial and industrial machines. See our "Supported File Types" table to make sure that your format/machine type is listed.
Using S&S Computing Software with Windows 10
All S&S Computing software products will run on Windows 10. If you upgrade your current operating system to Windows 10, we strongly recommend that you first UNINSTALL any of the S&S Computing products on your computer before upgrading your Operating System. Then use the free Install button(s) on our Downloads / Embroidery Software Downloads webpage to reinstall our software. You should not have to re-register the products.
On some Windows 10 machines, the installer will NOT run automatically. In that case, choose the Save option (instead of Run) and then open the folder with the saved installer file (named, for example, InstallSWP64.exe for the 64 bit SewWhat-Pro installer). Right-click the installer file and choose "Properties". Click the Compatibility tab and choose "Windows 8" for the compatibility mode. Then click "OK" and now double-click the installer application.
IMPORTANT NOTE FOR MAC USERS
All S&S Computing software products are native Windows applications. That means they will only run on MAC computers using emulation (virtualization) software. We recommend using free PlayOnMac® software which allows 32-bit versions of S & S software to run on a MAC. Use this link - click here - for detailed instructions describing the installation of PlayOnMac and our software on your MAC.
Or there are several well-known commercial emulators such as Bootcamp® for Mac (which ships with newer Mac computers), Parallels® Desktop for Mac, and VMware® Fusion. A free emulator which is highly regarded is Oracle's Virtual Box which does not require rebooting between the Windows and Mac operating systems. Once the emulation software is installed on your Mac, you must load a copy of Windows into the emulator. Most emulators will work with any copy of Windows starting at Windows XP and later. If you don't already own a copy of Windows, then legal copies of XP can be obtained for around $30.
Install Error Message Help
- Error Message: "The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail."
- Solution: This happens sometimes after Windows does an update. Just UNINSTALL SewWhat-Pro from Control Panel and then install SWP again from above. You should not have to re-enter any registration information.
- Error: Will not download or install on my computer / device
- Solution: This usually happens when someone is trying to install on a MAC or tablet device. For MAC users - See "Important NOTE for MAC Users" above. This is not an App, so it will only download and install on devices that allow you to install programs - Example - this will not download or install on an iPad because you can only download apps on iPads.
Updates/Reinstall for S&S Computing Software Products
All software products offered by S & S Computing come with a free update policy for the lifetime of the product. AutoUpdate features on the Help menu of our products will inform you when updates are available for download. You can then update from within the open product.
If you get a new computer or your computer crashes in the future, you can just come back to AKDesignsBoutique.com, download the software again from the Embroidery Software Download page - click here - and enter your user name & serial number - you will not need to purchase again.
Steps with Detailed Information:
You can easily purchase SewWhat-Pro:
- Click the "Add to Cart" button above to add a product to your shopping cart. Above "Add to Cart" choose between ordering the download or CD version.
- View your shopping cart contents at any time before final purchase by clicking on the "View Cart" button at the top of the page. You may adjust the quantity or remove items from your order here as well.
After you review your shopping cart contents, you will be asked for your credit card information. This transaction is completely secure.
To install the DEMO or RETAIL version:
- Click on the download link (the pink buttons below) to run the appropriate 32 or 64 bit installer
- Choose "RUN" to run the installer that will put the software on your computer
- It is highly recommended to use Internet Explorer® for the installation process (rather than an alternative browser like Google Chrome® or Mozilla Firefox®)
IMPORTANT: You do not have to purchase the product to install and use the DEMO. DEMOs are provided so you can determine if the software performs to your satisfaction, before you purchase.
Free Demo for 30 days or 60 saves
Click one of the following buttons to download the 32 or 64 bit version of SewWhat-Pro (combined Demo and Retail):
All S&S Computing software will run on 32-bit and 64-bit Windows OS. To determine which bit size your OS is, go to Start->and type "System Information" in the search box (in Windows 8, in Tile view, just type "System" in the search box).
SewWhat-Pro Embroidery Software (about & features)
SewWhat-Pro is software for viewing, editing and converting embroidery files arising from various different sewing manufacturers. It includes all the features available in the SewWhat! editor, plus various additional Integrated Project Management features (see the description of SewWhat-Pro features below). A plugin is available from myriaCross (see features list below) for converting Cross-Stitch files to embroidery files (this is not included with the SewWhat-Pro demo or purchase). You may download the User Manual - click here - for more details about the many features available in SewWhat-Pro.We [AKDesigns Boutique] also made this short tutorial to make it easier to perform some of the most basic and popular features of SewWhat Pro ~ SewWhat Pro User Guide. To download SewWhat-Pro, or to make an online purchase, please see information above.
SewWhat-Pro has been tested in the Softpedia labs using several industry-leading security solutions and found to be completely clean of adware/spyware components.
Standard Features in SewWhat-Pro
- Combine/Merge - used to combine 2 or more designs together. Makes it easy to spell names, make monograms or add names to other designs.
- Alignment - use alignment options to easily align combined/merged designs.
- Delete individual stitches
- Resize designs
- Rotate and Flip
- SewLettering - this feature allows you to use True Type Fonts installed on your computer to create embroidered letters for names, monograms, or words.
Advanced Features in SewWhat-Pro
- Splitting Pattern - Cutting toolbar allows graphic separation of patterns at specific stitches - used for Splitting Pattern for Multiple Hoopings
- Density adjustment dialog to resize a pattern at constant density
- Graphical or text-based reordering of thread color stops is available
- Capability to write Smart Media or Compact Flash cards for Singer, Brother, Janome, and new Bernina machines
- Supports a command-line interface for file conversion which has the form:
SewWhat-Pro.exe file1.ext1 file2.ext2 /c
(be sure to put file names or paths with blanks inside quotes)
- Plugin to Convert Cross Stitch patterns to embroidery files from myriaCross (MC) - NOTE: this plugin is not included with the SewWhat-Pro demo or purchase - it is available here for purchase. Once the plugin is installed, it becomes seamlessly integrated into the SewWhat-Pro workspace and can be used to preview and convert a variety of different Cross-stitch formats. NOTE: If installing the plugin on a 64-bit computer, be sure to use the 64-bit version of SewWhat-Pro. After updating to Windows 8/8.1, if the plugin stops working, simply uninstall and reinstall to reactive it.
Integrated Project Management Features of SewWhat-Pro
- Includes an editable table for entering project information
- Easily editable list of thread colors and manufacturer brands
- Capability to read/write thread color "txt" files for single/multiple projects
- Thread palettes from over 15 manufacturers are available
- Customizable user-defined thread palettes can be easily added
File Types Supported by SewWhat-Pro (most also available in SewWhat!)
Convert From = Open and Convert To = Save As
The SewWhat-Pro workspace is very similar to the one that is used by SewWhat! The two main differences are (1) there are additional toolbar buttons (for cutting patterns, adjusting thread density, and writing to Smart Media cards); and the Project Pane at the right of the screen includes new Project Management features (see the figure below).
NOTE REGARDING REGISTRATION INFORMATION
Registration information will be e-mailed within 24 hours of purchase - usually sooner than that. Registrations are sent at least once daily after 4:00 pm EST. To allow uninterrupted usage of the product, it is advisable to order the product at least 1 day before the DEMO period expires.
If you do not receive your registration within 24 hours, then check that the e-mail address email@example.com is "whitelisted" so it will not be blocked by your e-mail client. This is accomplished by adding our e-mail address to a safe senders list so your registration e-mail is allowed to come safely into your Inbox.
All CDs contain both 32- and 64-bit versions of the software.
Shipping for S&S Computing Software Products
We offer shipping of CDs (within the US only) for an additional $12.50. Click on the "CD by Mail [add $12.50]" button in the Add-to-Cart area to order a CD for any of the S&S Computing products. Shipping is via USPS First Class delivery and usually requires 3-5 days for delivery [shipped by S&S Computing, not AKDesigns Boutique].
All S&S Computing product licenses allow you to use the software on up to - but no more than - two of your own computers.
Returns for S&S Computing Software Products
All sales are final. They offer a generous trial (DEMO) period for their software. Please use the trial period to decide whether to purchase or not, before ordering. It is not necessary to uninstall the DEMO if you order the retail version - just register it. In legitimate situations where a refund is requested, a $10 restocking and deactivation fee will be charged.
Click HERE to see Current Sales
SewWhatPro, SWP, SewShat-Pro, SWP User Guide, SewWhat Pro Manual, Embroidery Software, Embroidery Editing Software, Affordable Embroidery Software, Discounted Embroidery Software, Inexpensive Embroidery Software, Embroidery Program, Merge, Combine, resize