SewWhat-Pro Advanced Embroidery Project Editing Software
SewWhat-Pro (SWP) is software for viewing, editing and converting embroidery files arising from various different sewing manufacturers. It includes various Integrated Project Management features (see the description of SewWhat-Pro features below). A plugin is available from myriaCross (see features list below) for converting Cross-Stitch files to embroidery files.
Notes for MAC users:
1) Click HERE for more information about Wineskin for MAC
2) Do NOT order a CD - the CDs will work on Windows computers only
- View embroidery files, even if they are included in zip or rar archives
- View thumbnails (in Album View) of files in your working directory
- Combine / Merge sewing patterns
- Write Designer-1© floppy disks and USB drives
- Use TrueType fonts [TTF©] to create monogram lettering
- Resize, reposition, delete, rotate, and flip sewing patterns
- Convert from, and save to, various file formats (see chart below) either individually or in batch mode
- Simulate the real-time stitch out of a pattern
- Change individual thread colors and background fabrics
- Delete individual stitches
- Print out the design and design summary
- View (or hide) a stitch histogram of the thread length distribution for each pattern
- Hide or view (as thickened or dashed lines) jump stitches
- ICON toolbar button to toggle between thread pane information and alphabet mode for easy entering of pre-digitized lettering
- Applique cutter tool for creating SVG and JPG files for outline of applique, used to cut applique fabric in Cameo© and Cricut© software
- Cutting toolbar allows graphical separation of patterns at specific stitches (splitting patterns for multi-positional hoops)
- Density adjustment dialog to resize a pattern at constant density
- Graphical or text-based reordering of thread color stops is available
- Capability to write Smart Media or Compact Flash cards for Singer, Brother, Janome, and new Bernina machines
- Converts Cross Stitch patterns to embroidery files using a “plugin” from myriaCross (MC). You may download the DEMO, or purchase the MC plugin for SewWhat-Pro, here. Once the plugin is installed, it becomes seamlessly integrated into the SewWhat-Pro workspace and can be used to preview and convert a variety of different Cross-stitch formats. After updating to Windows 8/8.1, if the plugin stops working, simply uninstall and reinstall to reactive it.
- Supports a command-line interface for file conversion which has the form:
- SewWhat-Pro.exe file1.ext1 file2.ext2 /c
Integrated Project Management Features of SewWhat-Pro
- Includes an editable table for entering project information
- Easily editable list of thread colors and manufacturer brands
- Capability to read/write thread color “txt” files for single/multiple projects
- Thread palettes from over 15 manufacturers are available
- Customizable user-defined thread palettes can be easily added
File Types Supported by SWP:
System, Download & Install Help:
System Requirements for S&S Computing Software Products
All S & S Computing products are native Windows® applications. They will run on versions of Windows after XP (VISTA, Win7, Win8, Win8.1, Win10). Most XP machines will run our software, too.
Embroidery Machine Compatibility - This software installs on your computer and is compatible with most home, commercial and industrial machines. See our "Supported File Types" table to make sure that your format/machine type is listed.
Using S&S Computing Software with Windows 10
All S&S Computing software products will run on Windows 10. If you upgrade your current operating system to Windows 10, we strongly recommend that you first UNINSTALL any of the S&S Computing products on your computer before upgrading your Operating System. Then use the PINK download button above to reinstall the software. You should not have to re-register it.
On some Windows 10 machines, the installer will NOT run automatically. In that case, choose the Save option (instead of Run) and then open the folder with the saved installer file (named, for example, InstallSWP.exe). Right-click the installer file and choose "Properties". Click the Compatibility tab and choose "Windows 8" for the compatibility mode. Then click "OK" and now double-click the installer application.
Install Error Message Help:
- Error Message: "The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail."
- Solution: This happens sometimes after Windows does an update. Just UNINSTALL SewWhat-Pro from Control Panel and then install SWP again from above. You should not have to re-enter any registration information.
- Error: Will not download or install on my computer / device
- Solution: This usually happens when someone is trying to install on a MAC or tablet device. For MAC users - See "Important NOTE for MAC Users" above. This is not an App, so it will only download and install on devices that allow you to install programs - Example - this will not download or install on an iPad because you can only download apps on iPads.
Updates / Reinstall for S&S Computing Software Products:
All software products offered by S & S Computing come with a free update policy for the lifetime of the product. AutoUpdate features on the Help menu of our products will inform you when updates are available for download. You can then update from within the open product.
If you get a new computer or your computer crashes in the future, you can just come back to AKDesignsBoutique.com, download the software again from the Embroidery Software Download page - click here - and enter your user name & serial number - you will not need to purchase again.
Registration information will be e-mailed within 24 hours of purchase - usually sooner than that. Registrations are sent at least once daily after 4:00 pm EST. To allow uninterrupted usage of the product, it is advisable to order the product at least 1 day before the DEMO period expires.
If you do not receive your registration within 24 hours, then check that the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org is "whitelisted" so it will not be blocked by your e-mail client. This is accomplished by adding our e-mail address to a safe senders list so your registration e-mail is allowed to come safely into your Inbox.
Shipping for S&S Computing Software Products:
We offer shipping of CDs (within the US only) for an additional $12.50. Click on the "CD by Mail [add $12.50]" button in the Add-to-Cart area to order a CD for any of the S&S Computing products. Shipping is via USPS First Class delivery and usually requires 3-5 days for delivery [shipped by S&S Computing, not AKDesigns Boutique].
All S&S Computing product licenses allow you to use the software on up to - but no more than - two of your own computers.
Return Policy for S&S Computing Products:
All sales are final. S&S Computing software can be downloaded and trialed in Demo mode before purchasing a license by using the Download buttons on the product pages. We strongly encourage potential customers to first try the Demo before purchasing the software license. For that reason, refunds are not offered except in extenuating circumstances. When a refund is granted, a $10 deactivation fee will be deducted.
This is a list of Frequently Asked Questions [FAQs] and Answers to those questions about SWP ~ I hope it helps with your question! If you don't see what you need below, just e-mail us at customerservice@akdesignsboutique or call us 678-390-2641.
Q Can I use SewWhat-Pro to convert images to embroidery files (digitize)?
A No, SWP is an embroidery editing program. You'll want to download and try SewArt (click here) for your digitizing needs.
Q I just did the update to my Sew What Pro software so it is now running 4.0.6 and I am very frustrated that I can no longer zoom in and out to view the full image. Could you tell me if this is going to be fixed? I purchased the software from AKDesigns several months ago and have absolutely loved it, and when I saw the update I have continually hesitated to download it but tonight I did and now I really regret it. I would really appreciate any help I can get with this.
A The zoom feature on the new version of SWP has changed, but it’s still there :) There’s a slider zoom in the status pane at the bottom right of the screen. In SWP, if you go to Help, then Help Topics, click on the Search tab, then type Zoom and enter - you'll see help for the new zoom control.
Click HERE to see Current Sales
SewWhatPro, SWP, SewShat-Pro, SWP User Guide, SewWhat Pro Manual, Embroidery Software, Embroidery Editing Software, Affordable Embroidery Software, Discounted Embroidery Software, Inexpensive Embroidery Software, Embroidery Program, Merge, Combine, resize